Services We offer at Dar a Luz Birth & Health Center
Dar a Luz Birth & Health Center's providers are Certified Nurse-Midwives (CNM).
We offer Midwifery & Well-Woman healthcare.
Our services include:
- Pregnancy Tests
- Prenatal care
- Learn about the conditions that are OK for a birth center birth here.
- Any lab work needed
- Whole-food supplements, breastfeeding supplies and herbal support in our retail shop
- Referral for ultrasounds
- Choice of birth classes including traditional 6-week series, condensed 5-hour class, or a hypnosis class with practice CDs.
- 24-hour access to a midwife
- Water birth (read about water birth safety here)
- Nitrous oxide, pain medications and water papules for comfort
- Home-like environment; private room; freedom to move, eat and drink; and attentive care during labor and birth.
- Placenta encapsulation equipment rental
- Postpartum care, including birth control planning
- Your first postpartum checkup is a home visit (if you live within 30 min of the birth center)
- Breastfeeding help with our Internationally Certified Lactation Consultant
- Newborn checkups (first month)
- Breastfeeding support groups and classes
- Newborn care assistance and classes
- Carseat training and assistance
Well Woman Care
- Annual exams
- Pap smears
- STD testing and treatment
- Pre-conception counseling
- Birth control management
- Natural family planning
- Managing menstrual problems
- Menopausal care - we can help women manage menopause naturally (we do not prescribe hormone replacement therapy (HRT) or bio-identical hormones).
- Treatment of urinary/vaginal infections
- Referral for mammograms
- Certain lab tests needed, such as cholesterol, thyroid, glucose, vitamin D, etc.
Establish your care at Dar a Luz before pregnancy with an annual exam and pap or preconception counseling on how to get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy.
Our established clients get priority if we are near our monthly capacity of pregnant women we will accept.
Also, as CNMs we have full prescriptive authority and may prescribe medications as necessary. We work with collaborating physicians and may consult or refer women if treatment outside of our scope of practice is needed.
We are contracted with all major insurance companies and Medicaid, and we offer discounted services for qualifying self-pay clients. We also strive to offer free and/or discounted services to underserved families through grant funds and donations.