Services at the Birth Center
We are Certified Nurse-Midwives (CNM). As such we offer full-scope women's healthcare. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Pregnancy Tests
- Prenatal care
- Any lab work needed
- Whole-food supplements, breastfeeding supplies and herbal support in our retail shop
- Referral for ultrasounds
- Choice of birth classes including traditional 6-week series, condensed 5-hour class, or a hypnosis class with practice CDs.
- 24-hour access to a midwife
- Water birth and outdoor birth
- Nitrous oxide, fentanyl and water papules for comfort
- Home-like environment; private room; freedom to move, eat and drink; and attentive care during labor and birth.
- Placenta encapsulation equipment rental
- Postpartum care, including birth control planning
- Your first postpartum checkup is a home visit
- Breastfeeding help with our Internationally Certified Lactation Consultant
- Newborn checkups (first month)
- Breastfeeding support groups and classes
- Newborn care assistance and classes
- Carseat training and free carseats for those who qualify
Well Woman Care
- Annual exams
- Pap smears
- STD testing and treatment
- Birth control management
- Natural family planning
- Managing menstrual problems
- Menopausal care
- Treatment of urinary/vaginal infections
- Referral for mammograms
- Any lab test needed, such as cholesterol, thyroid, glucose, vitamin D, etc.
Also, as CNMs we have full prescriptive authority and may prescribe medications as necessary. We work with collaborating physicians and may consult or refer women if treatment outside of our scope of practice is needed.
We are contracted with all major insurance companies and Medicaid, and we offer discounted services for qualifying self-pay clients. We also strive to offer free and/or discounted services to underserved families through grant funds and donations.
LEARN MORE ABOUT INSURANCE AND PAYMENTS.
LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT CONDITIONS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A BIRTH CENTER BIRTH.